Friday, 29 February 2008

Where does the time go?







I can't believe that it is 9 days since I last posted. Where does the time go. I am pleased to say I am feeling much better now and have been to work this week. I had not intended to work quite as much as I have but it has done me good. All day monday at one school and they asked me to work both Tuesday and Wednesday mornings as they were to have an OFSTED on Thursday. I did that and of course I worked Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons at other schools. It gets quite confusing and it is hard to remember all the children's names.


I can now show you all what I was working on before I was unwell. I am in a wonderful internet group called C.R.A.F.T. and one of the ladies has been in hospital so I was asked if I would put together a heart quilt for her. It was my pleasure. The members were asked to send a block with a heart on. They were wonderful and looking at the finished quilt you would think we had all been together to choose the colours. There was also almost enough extra fabric sent to do both the border and the back of the quilt. It is wonderful how people from all over the world come together through the internet and how friendships grow.


Today I decided was going to be a day for myself, selfish I know but we have to do it once in a while. After a quick tidy up I decided that I was going to do the Feb bag challenge from another group BQL. I have not been a member of this group long and this is the first time I have joined in a challenge. Now the bag should have been finished today and a picture posted so no pressure there. LOL


I set to looking through my stash and found some fabric which I bought about 3 years ago and then never used. Perfect. I was so pleased to see how well the bag went together, very well designed. Also it is the first time I have used thicker thread in the bobbin, I was a bit worried about it but no problem at all. Everything went well and by 2.30 I was able to post a picture of the finished bag. Now I am looking forward to the bag for March - yes there is a new bag every month. What do I want all these bags for you may ask. Well I love to use bags to store things in I think they look great on door handles. Also I use some for holding projects which I take to groups. I have bags for different schools etc etc. Oh yes and for shopping. I think I will make another bag like this as I enjoyed it and it is an ideal size for shopping.
I am sitting here with the rain lashing against the window thinking how nice it is to be indoors and not have to go out. Even the dog hates the rain.
I am pleased that I have made some progress with sewing today and think I will do my postcards tomorrow. Oh and yes I have a table runner to finish too. No that is not all but that will do for tomorrow. Have a great weekend where ever you are.


7 comments:

Ruth said...

Your quilts are so beautiful. I don't do any sewing myself now so I am really impressed. As to your having a day to yourself -- being selfish. I don't think you know the meaning of the word....Ruth xx

Mary Johnson said...

What a pretty quilt. It will certainly comfort your friend.

Pascale said...

What a great quilt, I bet she really enjoys it, knowing that you all participated.
Loved your blog.
Pascale.

JuicyFig said...

Hi Marian, thanks for the lovely comment - and I love the bag, I know what a bag obscession can be like! you can never have enough...

oh yeah, lucyloo is perfect thanks!

kath aRe

Lise said...

Thanks for your comment Marian. The quilt is very nice, I'm sure Patch has inspected and accepted it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marian! I love your quilts, and love your blog! Its funny, we both like blue, and I LOVE Aaron Neville as well. Thanks for visiting my blog, I have bookmarked yours, I will visit often! Barb@oceanwavesquilts@typepad.com.

Solstitches said...

I've been admiring that gorgeous quilt on the group home page Marian. Beautiful!
I absolutely LOVE the bag. You do such nice work.

Margaret

Your EQ is 147
You are remarkable when it comes to relating with others. Only the biggest losers get under your skin. You are warm and open. Even when life gets you down, you're unafraid of the world and its challenges. You are comfortable with who you are. And you accept your weaknesses - as well as the weaknesses of others. While you are quite stable, you don't respond perfectly to every bad situation that comes up. But you have enough emotional intelligence to know when you need a course correction.

music


Your Elf Name Is...
Flakey Hot Chocolate

dad and patch