Have been busy this week. Just before christmas I joined a Yahoo group called 'stashbusters' in the hope that I would get some encouragement to reduce my stash and finish my UFOs. A New Year's Eve challenge was posted and I decided I would have a go. The challenge was to start a Suduku Quilt on New Year's eve. I think it may even have been to finish it too but I cannot sew that quickly. I liked the idea and chose some bright fat quarters that I had as I do not usually use brights.
Having cut the fabric and chosen the fabric I wanted for the sashing I set to and gave myself 'permision' to ignore everything else like ironing (easy to do)
By Monday night I had all the blocks sewn and started on the sashing.
New Years Day saw the sashing finished.
By Monday night I had all the blocks sewn and started on the sashing.
New Years Day saw the sashing finished.Then I decided to give it extra boarders
. I then decided to do free motion quilting and that took time as it is something I have not done before on anything bigger than a place mat. It took a long time to get it right on the back. I am still not sure how I managed to do that (lol). Anyway here is the finished result.
. I then decided to do free motion quilting and that took time as it is something I have not done before on anything bigger than a place mat. It took a long time to get it right on the back. I am still not sure how I managed to do that (lol). Anyway here is the finished result.














2 comments:
you never cease to amaze with the amount of things you get done Marian ...I like the way you did the thin light coloured border and then the wider blue around it ,it really sets it off(well that's what i think),
cheers Vickie
Thanks Vickie
Post a Comment